I have a long “Bucket list” of things I would like to do and places I want to visit. The list is probably a bit too long to fit in a blog post so I thought I would cut it down a bit. Here is a shorter list of 10 things I want to do within the next two years.
- Visit Tenerife: This holiday is booked for June where I will be spending a week in Tenerife! I am not 100% sure what I will be doing the yet But they seem to be a lot of interesting things to do. The weather seems to always be nice and they seem to have good wheelchair accessibility all over the island and on the beaches. It should be good!
- Visit Amsterdam: This is another thing I’m hoping to do this year. I haven’t booked it or anything at as we are still in the planning phase. We are trying to work out the best way to get there and trying to keep the cost down a bit. We have been thinking about going over on the ferry to Rotterdam and maybe staying in a hotel there and visiting Amsterdam for a day or two.
- Go on a Cruise: this is something I’ve always wanted to do. Cruises look great as everything is on the boat and you don’t have to fly. You can also visit a number of different places fairly painlessly, as well as having all the entertainment on board the ship. It looks like a good relaxing way to holiday.
- Visit the World War I Battlefields and the D-Day beaches: I wanted to do this since I was in school. I am fascinated by World War I and II and to actually go there and see for myself where the major battles happened will be an incredible and no doubt emotional experience. Plus next year will be the 100th anniversary of the armistice so it will be an important occasion, and even more poignant time to visit.
- Visit Greece: I would like to visit Athens and maybe some other places around Greece but I’m not sure how wheelchair accessible they are. I know there is a wheelchair accessible resort here which looks quite good so I would like to visit. Have you visited Greece before? Can you give me any advice?
- Go Skiing Again in Sweden: in 2005 I went skiing in Sweden which was amazing. It was one of the best things I have ever done. I would like to do that again probably next year. While I’m at it I would love to see the Northern lights which are something on my bucket list!
- Visit Italy: I want to go to Rome and check out all the Roman sites, and also visit Pompeii and Venice. I’ve read that a company has developed a wheelchair accessible gondola in Venice so I would love to try that out sometime. Pompeii looks like a fascinating place and I would love to have a wander around the looking at everything.
- Visit Spain: I would love to visit Barcelona and see the sights there. I have heard it’s an amazing city, With really interesting architecture and vibrant. It would be nice to taste a proper Spanish Paella; you can’t get a more authentic taste of Spain than that!
- Go back to Portugal: I visited Portugal last year and I thought it was a beautiful country. I thought the wheelchair access was great and the people were really friendly. I want to go back to the place that I stayed in which was a wheelchair accessible villa but may be a different time of year when the accessible beaches are open.
- Go back to Germany: I visited Berlin in 2015 and I thought it was a fantastic place. I definitely want to go back there sometime and visit other places around Germany such as Munich, maybe for Oktoberfest. I also would like to visit the Haus Rheinsberg hotel which was specially built for disabled people. I mean the WHOLE hotel and the lake next door is accessible, not just one or two rooms! It looks fantastic.
So, there you have it. The top 10 places I want to visit within the next two years. You probably have noticed that these are all in Europe apart from Tenerife. I want to go to places further afield like China or America but I’m not sure how I will cope with 8+ hour flights. Flying is not my favourite thing in the world, but travelling around Europe on shorter flights hopefully I can get more comfortable with it before I move on to more far-flung destinations.
Can You Recommend Any Places to Visit? Do you have any advice for travelling to these places? Please let me know in the comments!